Knox Evangelical Free Church was started in 1954 as the Edmonton Evangelical Free Church. The name was later changed to Belgravia Evangelical Free Church to reflect the community in which the church was located and ministering.
The original building became too small for the work and in 1972 the congregation purchased the present Knox Church building, which was built by Knox Presbyterian Church in 1907. The building has been designated as an Historical Resource.
Throughout the years Knox has been comprised of people from the community and throughout the city with emphases on the ministry of Godís Word, missions and music. In recent years an added emphasis has been on International Ministries.