Although our building dates back to 1907, and was built by the Knox Presbyterian congregation, our church, Knox Evangelical Free Church, was started in 1954. It began as the Edmonton Evangelical Free Church, and later the name was changed to Belgravia Evangelical Free Church to reflect the community in which the church was located and ministering.
The original building became too small for that work and, in 1972, the congregation purchased the present Knox Church building, a building designated by both the city and the province as an Historical Resource.
Our congregation is comprised of people from the immediate Whyte Avenue, Strathcona and University communities as well as those attending from throughout the city. We love our neighborhood and look to serve it through our emphases on worship, exploring God’s Word, missions, music, justice and international ministries.